Laminate Flooring Pros & Cons.
Laminate flooring is something of a hot topic in the homeowner community. For some people laminate flooring is type of flooring reproducing the look and feel of
natural materials such as wood or stone, for others it is “reproduction flooring”.
The main advantages of laminate flooring are the following:
1. Laminate flooring is easy to install. The new laminate flooring installation doesn’t require glue or nails.
2. Laminate flooring is durable; it is incredibly sturdy and hard to damage-unlike many natural flooring materials like wood or
3. Unlike natural materials that may be imperfect and with defects, laminate is designed to be defect-free from the factory.
4. Laminate flooring is easy to clean. It can be cleaned using some household cleaning products or wood cleaners.
The main disadvantages for laminate flooring are:
1. Laminate flooring is not natural, so it isn’t the best choice for the people who prefer natural materials in their homes.
2. Laminate flooring may be uncomfortable for people who frequently walk in the house without shoes as it is hard and walking on it may be painful or difficult.
3. Laminate is much more slippery than any other natural materials.
4. Natural flooring can usually be repaired or improved through sanding and refinishing. Worn down laminate can’t be repaired, it is usually replaced.