Choose the Best Kitchen Flooring
Your kitchen flooring, besides being practical and durable, is a major design statement as well. The floor you choose affects every other element of your design and with the variety of materials, colors and textures available today, your choices are nearly endless.
- Stone or tile is an excellent choice for heavy traffic areas. Ceramic tile is durable and available in assorted colors and styles with the option for decorative borders and designs.
- Limestone is a natural stone. It’s a porous material that must be sealed upon installation and then twice a year.
- Cork is a durable, versatile material available in a variety of colors. It is water-resistant and reduces impact noise.
- Wood is a popular choice for today’s kitchens. It feels good underfoot and creates a warm look. Today’s prefinished wood floors withstand heavy traffic and water stains. High-pressured plastic laminates are an alternative that provides the same look for less money.
- Vinyl or resilient flooring offers a variety of styles and colors.