Bamboo Flooring Pros and Cons
Bamboo flooring is used as an environmentally renewable resource for hardwood floors. It’s dense composition is also very appealing, as bamboo can withstand high traffic and remain strong and beautiful.
Here are the main pros and cons for bamboo floors:
Bamboo Floor Pros:
• High-quality bamboo wears as well and lasts as long as traditional hardwood flooring.
• Bamboo floors lend a clean, modern appearance to any room.
• Bamboo is more sustainable than traditional hardwoods.
• You can easily clean bamboo flooring with a mop and mild soap; no special treatments are required.
Bamboo Floor Cons:
• Inexpensive bamboo may be prone to dents and scratches.
• The contemporary look of bamboo may not fit in with a vintage- or antique-inspired home decor scheme.